So I have been performing as a Diva performer for either 7 or 8 months depends on which date you go by that I started performing. What I mean is that I got to get on stage for the very first time on March 12th for my make up birthday performance. But I did that as a complete joke just to get on stage. Plus I was really drunk, But after that performance I was in love with being on stage. I really did not know that it would affect me like this. So I started thinking about getting back there more and more. Then I started talking to one of the play mates Leah Halston. She told me about an open stage that they offer on Sundays. So I picked a day in April. I decided to perform again on April 12th. To get myself ready for it I started checking out Sundays, the first one being on Easter Sunday.
These last 7/8 months have been the best months of my live. I have meet some wonderful people that have helped me and inspired me. My first official more serious performance I was really nervous and it showed on stage. I can honestly say I have gotten so much better since that performance. I am still lacking confidence in myself, which will get better over time. And I am trying to get out of my head which is really hard. Like Rupaul always says "If you can't love yourself, how the hell is anyone else suppose to love you." That saying speaks more to me more now then it ever has before. I have been speaking alot with one of the playmates and she has been giving me really good feedback. One of the main things she always says is KNOW your words. Well I feel like I know my words most of the time, but what she might see is sometimes get this look in my face I dont no what moves I should do while I am up there. Its mainly because I am not a dancer at all, and need to find the beat/ get some rhythm which is difficult for me.
My first offical performance!!! (THEN)
FASTFORWARD!!!!
I have been performing for 1 year and almost 8 months now. I still love it like its my first time. I have gotton a little more confidence then when I first started. I even tried new things. For instance when I competed in my most recent pageant I stepped out of my comfort zone and hired professional dancers. It was such an amazing experience. I loved every bit of it. Of course it wasnt perfect but i learned a lot. Also it was nice knowing that I had dancers who were on my side and pulling for me to do good.
NOW!!!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment